What is this website all about?
Videogames.org.au is a resource website developed by Steven Dupon. It’s for parents and professionals who want to know more about video games and their impact on children and the community at large. It brings a balanced and evidence based approach to today’s most popular form of entertainment – video games!
This website deals with both the benefits and the risks and concerns. It provides suggestions for video games that are positive, educational and age-appropriate. We hope the website helps parents to deal with the challenges video games bring to the family, but also shows the opportunities they bring.
Founder – Manager: Steven Dupon
Videogames.org.au is founded and managed by Steven Dupon.
Steven Dupon authored the following publications:
- The Video Games Report; a study on the impact of video games on young people.
- The Parent’s Guide to Gaming – Keep gaming safe and positive
- The Manual for dealing with Excessive Gaming – Find a better balance between gaming and other responsibilities.
Steven Dupon has initiated a range of video game related events, workshops and programs. These include
- the READYS award winning Video Game Project,
- The Lab (game development for young people with Autism and Aspergers)
- Pixel Arcade (Social gaming events engaging hundreds of young people in positive and safe video game play.
- The XP Gaming Group (Using gaming to improve mental wellbeing)
- Several Game Development groups/courses in libraries and schools
Steven Dupon regularly presents on the topic of children and video games and advises government on issues relating to technology and young people.
Contact Steven Dupon if you would like to book him for a presentation, workshop or training session.