Purchase the School’s Pack and receive:
- Whole of School approach to being a ‘Safe Gaming School’
- Game development in the classroom resources
- All 16 worksheets/tools/factsheets in the Professional’s Pack to support teachers and wellbeing staff
- The Parent’s Workbook for Dealing with Gaming Issues at Home to give to the families in your school.
- All 14 tools/factsheets in the Parenting Pack to give as resources to the families in your school.
- All 14 information factsheets in the Info Pack
- A license to use all the above resources with all families in your school.
Gaming has entered the school and more often than not, the school provides the devices to play on.
Our schools pack focuses on:
- Ensuring optimal student wellbeing
- Whole of school understanding of risks of gaming and how to deal with them
- Using gaming and game development as positive learning tools
- Resources for students families including information in newsletters
This pack will help you deal effectively with gaming issues in the school.
44 tools, resources and factsheets.
Click on the boxes below to find out more:
5 in depth gaming concepts factsheets
- Immersion in video games
- Dopamine and gaming
- Feelings of survival in video games
- Avatar attachment
- Variable Reward Schedules
9 Parenting tips and tools factsheets
- Tips for choosing a new game
- Setting your limits
- Setting the environment
- Introducing game development
- Tips for staying safe online
- Finding professional help
- Gamer profiles
- Manage gaming at home – our 13 best tips
- Questionnaire for finding games that are beneficial to a child’s development
14 Information Factsheets about the impacts of video games
- Video game genres explained
- Gamer language explained
- The Australian Classification of video games
- E-sports or competitive gaming
- Cognitive benefits
- Emotional benefits
- Social benefits
- Skills development benefits
- Video Game addiction
- Gambling in video games
- Cyber safety and bullying in video games
- Violence in video games
- Gender stereotypes in video games
- Racism in games
17 tools and resources for professionals
- Professionals Pack Intro
- Assessments Intro
- Wellbeing assessment
- Gaming disorder questionnaire
- Game playing tracker
Working with the family
- Breaking the cycle
- TOOL – Positives and negatives
- HANDOUT – Talking about gaming
- Behaviour Change Intro
- CBT for gaming issues
- Identifying and understanding behaviours
- Behaviour goals
- Goal setting worksheet
- Setting Responsibilities
- Setting rewards and consequences
- Gamified rewards worksheet
- Gaming contract
The Parent’s Workbook for Dealing with Gaming Issues
The Parent’s Workbook for Dealing with Gaming Issues is a 5 step manual that will guide you through assisting and supporting your child to reach a healthier balance between gaming and real life. It is over 100 A4 pages, full of information, resources and tools and it’s very easy to use. If gaming is causing conflict in thehome it’s a must have!
The workbook will help parents to:
- assess your child’s general wellbeing, assess the gaming behaviours and identify gaming disorder
- provide advice on how to communicate and interact with your child
- give you an in depth understanding of gaming
- help you work through changing the negative gaming behaviours
- find a better balance between gaming and real life responsibilities
- improve your relationship with your child
School specific resources
Use games and game development to engage your students in 21st century skills. Teach coding, programming, design in the classroom by using freely available software and resources.
- Game Design Document
- Game development resources / software – the short list
- Game Development resources – the very long list.
- Classroom activities
Be a Safe Gaming School. Implement an approach to gaming in your school that will keep students healthy and safe while gaming.
- Whole of school approach to gaming in the school
Get all these tools, factsheets, resources and the workbook for just $149!
Schools also get a license to use the documents with all students and all their families.
How will I receive the documents once I purchase them.
Clicking on the ‘Purchase Button’ will take you to a secure page where you can fill out your credit card details. Once this is done, the documents will be available to you for download.